3rd ANNUAL ANTI - COUNTERFEITING AND BRAND PROTECTION SUMMIT 2020
Counterfeit products across various sectors in India are causing losses to the tune of over Rs 1 trillion every year as per a report. The Indian counterfeit market is growing at the rate of 44% per annum as per reports. In India, approximately 3 billion pieces of counterfeit and pirated products were seized in 2013. Of these, 2.3 billion pieces were illicit pharmaceutical products, 470 million pieces were electronic appliances and 50 million pieces were foodstuff. There is annual loss of US $ 2 billion because of counterfeited auto components alone. Counterfeiting is a global problem and is growing at an alarming rate and India is a large market for such activities. India's booming e-commerce environment has added further complexities. Counterfeiting not only affects the sales and revenue of the industry but also dents the reputation of brands and results in heavy revenue losses due to unaccounted sales and a huge challenge to the 'Make in India' program.
The 'Anti-Counterfeiting and Brand Protection Summit 2020' will bring stalwarts from cross industries under one roof to discuss the latest counterfeiting issues and best practices for brand protection. The summit will focus on discussing latest trends in anti- counterfeiting, challenges, issues, recent legal developments, understanding how to carry out risk profiling, role of effective packaging, supply chain authentication and latest technologies and solutions. The summit will offer excellent opportunity to discuss, share experiences, case studies, network with industry leaders and learn about the current and innovative practices in the industry to curb counterfeiting and protect your brand.
KEY CONFERENCE FOCUS AREAS
- Overview of the counterfeiting and brand protection issues in India
- Role of customs to prevent counterfeited goods to make way across borders
- How to protect your brand with IPR, trademark and copyright
- Latest anti-counterfeiting and intellectual property enforcement measures
- Role of the Police and Government agencies in Counterfeiting Cases
- Industry Focused discussions (Pharma/ Auto/ FMCG/ Online etc)
- Safeguarding your products and brand from counterfeiting - Establishing brand protection plans and understanding risks and ROI
- Understand what information you need to provide law enforcement to successfully stop the distribution of counterfeit and grey market goods
- Implement the latest and most effective tools and technologies to battle counterfeiters
- Implement effective investigative strategies to identify and monitor infringing activities
- Realign, reinforce and develop networks, Meet with brand protection managers, directors of investigations, legal counsel, as well as law, enforcement officials who will discuss some of their recent successes and challenges in today's world
- Explore practical "hands on" approaches to protecting brands, customers and reputations online
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Functional Heads of:
- Brand Protection
- Anti - Fraud
- Legal & Litigation
- Supply Chain
- Copyrights & Trademark
- Compliance and Enforcement
From which industries?
- Automobiles & auto components
- Electronics & electronic components
- Telecom & ISP product manufacturers
- Medical Devices
- Any other product manufacturing vertical prone to counterfeiting